Upgrading Computers

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

I should have put this question in the forum. I keep forgetting about it.

Question: If you have an old computer with Windows 7 and a processing speed of 1.30 GHz, is there anything one can do to speed it up? The one I am using in my upstairs hangout is barely used and has most of it’s hard drive space still empty, but it is soooooo slowwwwww! That, and running wireless internet instead of hard wired like I have downstairs is driving me bonkers. I hate to just chuck it and buy another new one. 

6 Replies
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

Well now, baloney!!! I changed computers and now the screen snip that I did of the statistics of that E-machine is. upstairs on the E-machine!!!!! 

Ever have days like this?

Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

But all is good. I just posted it to myself on Shmooze and then saved it. VOILA

Kinda tiny. I hope you're eyes are good!

1 Reply
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

*your (Silly auto correct)

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

4 is kind of low these days, you can upgrade it to 8 GB (the max it can take) for $40

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/eMachines/el1360g

It should help some, but those emachines weren't exactly high end to start with.

You'll need to get the two 4 GB DIMMS, what you likely have in there is two 2 GB, I don't think that class memory can be mismatched, you can look though.  You have two slots, if only one of them is full you can get the 1 4GB DIMM instead.

Memory is usually pretty easy to replace.

2 Replies
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Thank you for doing all this research for me. I will give it some serious thought. As I said, I would not have bought that brand in the first place. I'm strictly an HP consumer.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Sounds like it might be simple enough to upgrade. I might get brave enough to try it. Wink  

Share: