Life With Diva

21 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

Life With Divi! or how to drive yourself batty overnight!

20 Replies
4 Replies
 Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

Posted by: @vero

Life With Divi! or how to drive yourself batty overnight!

"With great power comes a great learning curve" - Uncle Ben

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Hahaha! What magic solution did good old Uncle Ben have for re-growing hair when you've pulled it out by the roots? Crying

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero Uncle Ben was kind of silent on that issue.  Then again he was pretty bald so he probably didn't know the answer. Wink

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

I may have found the problem with Divi.
When I switch to it, the customization list opens,
then quickly reverts to the list that controls the simple theme.
I managed to grab a screen shot of it before it changed.

Screenshot 2023 01 10 135347
1 Reply
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

Not sure why the list changes, but I "need" the "Header and Navigation" to be able to put a title and tagline on the site.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

Seriously I think something is wrong with that site since I have managed to use at least the divi plugin on other ones.  I'll try it on a new site here.

1 Reply
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I think you're right since even trying to delete the site failed.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

OK, I figured out at least a piece of it.  In the theme builder we had a header, I added a section for the blog and then clicked on the "eye" icon on the right to make them both visible.

It still isn't terribly usable, but now at least something shows up besides the background. 

So the site is fine, we just need to learn how to use Divi.

9 Replies
(@quasi)

Eminent Member

@diogenese19348 So it's okay to use the Divi customizer? I thought I read somewhere you might have had the wrong version for the site and needed to change it.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Ok I will work with it some more (and probably mess up what you fixed) but heck if I can't use it I don't need it!! Right!!! Wink

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero Honestly, all I did was figure out how to get it to show up on the site.  You can't mess up anything else I did because it pretty much already is a mess.  The part we didn't understand is those buttons to the right indicate whether items on that master are visible on the site.  They were all off, so nothing was visible.

Aside from that it's a glorious mess.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Well now that's just wonderful!!!  I sure have a hodge podge of pages... not really meant to make sense...just trying out all the features. I will go back now and see if I can come up with some actual useable material.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero I think you're going to have to figure out how to use that global page first, you access it from the dashboard.  Right now I only have the menu and the blog on it, and the blog produces an error that covers up the menu.  There probably also need to be other templates created.  Did I mention a HUGE learning curve?  I mean really REALLY REALLY HUGE?

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 OH RATS!!!! There went my last ten hairs!!! Afraid

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to sort that layer thing out. I did a little tweaking and it looks presentable now, and I can make practice pages without having to "climb the highest mountain/swim the deepest river" to get to them. (Isn't that animation cool) I know you're probably much too dignified for all my silliness! Sweaty

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

((Oh and I do know its DIVI not DIVA))! I just keep forgetting. It seems so natural to type DIVA! There are so many of them around these days! Cool  

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I think I can take it from where it is now and be able to post something once in a while that might be of interest. I tweaked it here and there and  it   looks somewhat better, 

Again, Thanks much!!!!!! Smile  

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

The plugin itself is pretty easy to use with the pure and simple theme.  I might need to enable it on the site you want to use it on.  It gives you a lot more control of what the content looks like, but there is a sizable learning curve.

The Elegant Theme that uses divi is a piece of work, we are just STARTING to figure it out.  You are welcome to try it, but I am pretty much as clueless on how it works as everybody else.

Page 1 / 2
Share: