Clear all

GUEST BOOKS-VERO'S GUEST BOOK

50 Posts
4 Users
11 Likes
 Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

I figured out what caused the problem with the permalinks... it was that guest book plugin I tried.  It changed the links from default to year day month.  There was a little bit in the directions installing it I apparently didn't bother to read saying permalinks would have to be reset after installing.

So much for RTFM...

1 Reply
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 AHA! Glad you figured out what caused it. I like the idea of using a page for a guest book. I guess if I commented there and tagged you you would get a notification?

Did you see that the title of the guest book automatically goes on your site menu?

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

The menu system defaults to putting the title of any pages you create on the menu.  That's something you can configure, and if people create a lot of pages it's something they are going to want to manually control.  Generally when you get over six items on the menu you want to start using sub-menus or it starts getting unwieldy.  Menu's are a topic for another time 😉

If you start categorizing your posts, you can use categories as menu items also, and feature only a particular category of posts.

As far as tagging somebody on a page comment showing up, I don't know until we try it.  There's a lot of things that are going to be firsts for me here, Renderunto never went anywhere, and I've never done a social site before with the exception of that, all my wordpress installations have been single user, and that includes my business ones.

I've done a lot in wordpress, but not much with buddypress, the social extension for Wordpress.

1 Reply
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I fully understand that. All your work has been of a business nature.

Now it's time to have fun!!! lol We are so thankful to have you take the reins and keep our little group together.

I saw sub-menus mentioned here and there, and tabled that as something to learn.....later.

Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

@jill I haven't tried tagging anyone. Wonder if it works. This is a great place to hang out also, Jill.

8 Replies
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

The one thing you can't do here is add photos to the comments, but it has lots of other neat features.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero hang on, I have the plugin for that, I just need to install it.  Got a couple of things to add to the forum.  Never enough time in the day 😉 

Got a really great emoji expansion to add too, it's better than the one for blog comments.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Woo Hoooo! Fantastic!   I'm showing Jill around. She will need some of the links and stuff you added to our sites, but no hurry. She's like me, learning everything  one click at a time and having a ball doing it. 🤗

jill
(@jill)

@vero @diogenese19348 Thank you for all you're doing, it's fun learning here, and Vero's showing me the ropes. This is a neat places to be!

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@jill I'm loving it more every day. I'm sure glad I have you around Jill to join with me. Makes it more fun.

jill
(@jill)

@vero 

Oh I'm having fun too!

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

Time for me to go nite nite. Jill you gotta work tomorrow, and Dio  Will probably be here til at least midnight. lol Nite all! Excitement Aha!!!!!! You thought you had them hidden.... Uh huh I see how you are!!! Razz These are soooooo cool!!! Love them!!!! Carnival  

jill
(@jill)

@vero Nite nite Vero, I'm right behind you.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

Emoticons and pictures enabled Smile  

4 Replies
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Now where did you dig up that green feller? I haven't seen him anywhere.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero There's a whole bunch of them.  As I said, the forum emoticons are a lot better than the comment ones.  It's that grey smiley face in the bottom right corner of this box that does it, not the one on the top row. Hi

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I just discovered it!!!  Looked right over it all this time!!! Wink

jill
(@jill)

@diogenese19348  Thank you! Isn't that a cute one!

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)
yoda needed money
1 Reply
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 LOLOL That's hilarious!

Page 2 / 4
Share: