GUEST BOOKS-VERO'S GUEST BOOK

50 Posts
4 Users
11 Likes
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

Vic came up with the fantastic idea of pinning a post to make a temporary guest book.

That inspired me to think of putting mine here where it has more features and formatting. 

If anyone needs/wants to get in touch with me, or talk to me about anything, this would be a good place to do it. 

49 Replies
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

Doing a test post to demonstrate

several features.

😍 😎 🤩 😛 

CLAP TRANSP
6 Replies
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

Surely someone can find a way to actually get a picture to imbed here.(Or those big fat emojis)

Remember to use a light color so it pops against this black.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero It's attach file, below left.  At least I think that's going to post the picture, we'll see.  There is an add on I can use that will let you attach media if it doesn't.

f10a3bfaebaf2a4f
 Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

Drat, it attached it but it didn't display it.  Let me see if I have a spare license for advanced attachments.  I think I have one over on Renderunto I can pull.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

Same thing with the emojis.  I actually like the ones they have for the forum better than the comments.  Got to pull the license for that too... 🤠 

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Me too! 🤡

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Yep that is all it will do.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

I was thinking of installing this one to see how it works.

Gwolle Guestbook

10 Replies
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I took a look and was going to do the test demo, but it was nosy, so I didn't. It looks good but a few popular items may be missing. You could give it a test run though. Maybe just install it on your site and let us try it out.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero If it uses the standard comments it should be able to post pictures, I don't know if it does.  Only one way to find out 😉

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 If at first you don't succeed....

(@greystarfish1)

Eminent Member

@diogenese19348 If it works, I would like to have a guest book.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

Nah, that isn't what we want.  I need to get Discuz embeds working everywhere, all we really need is a page on each site labeled "Guestbook" and decorated the way the site owner wants it to be, then we link that page to their profile. 

So in order to have a guestbook, you have to have a site, same as a blog.  I'll work on that along with some directions for it.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I haven't worked much with pages yet. I'll have to dig into that. Sounds feasible. I wanted to make a static page, but have worked out pretty much what I want with just using the site profile page.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Is "Discuz embeds" the feature that will put images into the post instead of just a link?

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero Yes.  We have it, I just need to figure out what I am doing wrong with the install.  There is one for the forum too, its a separate plugin.  I think the Guest Book Static page will work well once I get embeds working, and I've already put a custom field in the user profiles to put a link to it.  I've got it in mine. already.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 👍 👍 Gotcha!!

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 After looking at yours, I was able to  make myself one. Pages aren't really all that complicated.  I just hadn't got into them much yet. I guess we could have one on each of our sites?

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

That's what I'm thinking.  You do need to enable comments on them, it's a check box when you publish, they aren't enabled on pages by default.  They also need to go on a menu.  I'll write the whole thing up and post it, but I think that will take care of the issue.  If we put the links on the member profiles like I did on mine, you can get to the guestbook either from there or going directly to the site.  If a member makes more than one site *cough* 😛 they will need to decide which one to link to their profile for the guestbook.

1 Reply
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Vero's V&V will always be my main site. The other ones are just to play around with. I will add more pages as I figure out what I really want to do and say here.

Mannnn this is going to make the winter fly by. I hardly realize that it is 0 degrees F outside and the wind is howling!! Brrrr. I forget where you are. Tell me again if you don't mind.

Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

Yup I found the enable comments. It goes to the menu automatically so you don't need to worry about that. If you decide to change the name, the change occurs in the menu automatically! 

I have four sites, so I can have conversations about different subjects on each of them!!!!! LUXORY!!!! 😛 😛 

2 Replies
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

Or they can talk to each other when things get boring on here!!!! 😝 😝 🤣 

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

*LuxUry!

Page 1 / 4
Share: