12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

Trying out a forum topic.

When customizing background colors, is there an option to make it transparent in the default editor? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

11 Replies
 Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

Ah, you're using the forum.  I haven't configured this yet at all.  No, on the forum you can't change the background color, that has to be set at forum level.  I can change it for everybody, I usually like to go with a dark background / white print for the forum.  If you have suggestions though I'm all ears.

There are also a number of features I need to enable here, particularly with replies, but we can do polls and other things too.

It's on my long, long list of things to get done 😛 

2 Replies
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I realize I put my replies in all the wrong places. I was just ignoring this black box. lol Hopefully you can find it all.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I love this!!  I have all my devices and social sites set this way.

Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

The white on dark sounds good to me.

(This post didn't come out exactly like I intended.)

I was asking about backgrounds on my sites . Can they be made transparent as well as a color?

((It's so hard to ask intelligent questions when I only know half what I'm doing)) 😛 😛  OOH emojis!!

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

There's an emoji plugin I have to add for the forum that allows for really big emoji and we can customize them - I can add as many as we can come up with.  So we can have some for food, animals, etc.  I'll get that hooked up hopefully soon, I work part time during the week so time is limited for adding things.

Backgrounds are in the background, everything else is laid over them.  It makes no sense for a background layer to be transparent.  Everything on top of it I believe can be.  Unless I am not understanding your question correctly...

3 Replies
 Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 I wondered if you worked. It would really be hard to hold down a job and still keep up with all of this.

Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero I'm semi-retired, I work 20 hours a week from home.  I maintain a non-profit's websites and do other IT support for them.  It's where I was working full time up until my retirement, and I'm a difficult person to replace 😉  But at my age, 4 hours out of the weekday is the bulk of what I can do.

Between that and social security though I am pretty much making as much as I was when I was working full time, and the longer you don't have to touch retirement accounts the better.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 You are in the perfect position to be doing this, then. 👍👍👍

Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

I should have been more specific instead of just saying "backgrounds" Terminology kills me every time. I tend to want to give things names of my  own choosing. Badddd Vero!

Maybe this is clearer.

site title
2 Replies
 Dio
Admin
(@diogenese19348)

@vero Yes, pretty much anything that says "background" isn't going to have a transparency setting since it is the background.  Anything you layer over that background should have a transparency setting.

Vero
(@vero)

Estimable Member

@diogenese19348 Thanks! I'll try to look at it from that point of view. Just ignore me if I get too pesky. 😝 😥

Share: