Communication

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

Words, no matter whether they are vocalized and made into sounds or remain unspoken as thoughts, can cast an almost hypnotic spell upon you. You easily lose yourself in them, become hypnotized into implicitly believing that when you have attached a word to something, you know what it is. The fact is: You don't know what it is. You have only covered up the mystery with a label. Everything, a bird, a tree, even a simple stone, and certainly a human being, is ultimately unknowable. This is because it has unfathomable depth. All we can perceive, experience, think about, is the surface layer of reality, less than the tip of an iceberg. — Eckhart Tolle

2 Replies
 Vero
Topic starter
(@vero)
Estimable Member

A typo on Twitter this morning (which I corrected) brought this response from a close friend:" I understood what you meant. Isn't it amazing how our minds grasp things!"

Good friends are like that...one mind and one accord. I am blessed to have found him along with several others that are  in West Virginia or the close surrounding states, so that we can enjoy sharing similar interests.

But the comment from Jim made me realize just how much his friendship meant to me and how our communication enriches our lives.

I see memes almost every day, that say something  to the effect that: "One kind word can set the pattern for your whole day."

Keep in mind that one never knows who might be watching and how your words will affect someone's life. 🤗 

1 Reply
(@greystarfish1)

Eminent Member

@vero This is very true.

Share: